Simulation of Xilinx Rocket IO

Hello All,

I want to use Xilinx v2p or v4 rocket IOs in one of my designs. right now I am using Xilinx webpack 8.1 and modelsim se/pe.

can any body tell me that if I generate a rocket IO instance (without

8b10b and crc) as a simple serdes How do I simulate it...?

Does the Rocket IO Instance has any output pins for PLL Locked signals...?

I am trying to simulate a transmitter by a simple test bench as to provide reset, clock and 8-bit parallel data, but nothing is coming out

on serial tx pin.

Please guide me . Thanks in advance.

Regards, Kedar

Reply to
kedarpapte

Do you have SWIFT model support in your simulator?

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

yes Modelsim SE has the swift model support, I am using that

but I am not able to get how do I get this smart or swift models....? I tried everything which is listed on xilinx web site. but couldn't get it worked.

Please give me some info if you have it...

Thanks & Regards, Kedar

Reply to
kedarpapte

See here:

and here:

Last time I tried this, all I had to do was compile the libraries with compxlib as described in the second link above, then change my modelsim.ini as described in the first link above (i.e., set the simulation resolution to ps, include the SWIFT-dll and so on).

Note: if you have ModelSim-Project-Files, the setting for the simulation resolution in modelsim.ini is overridden.

What I'm not sure about is wether the SmartModels are shipped with WebPack at all. Could be they only come with the full ISE-release, don't know...

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

Kedar,

On the Xilinx web site go to Support/Download Center and then choose ISE SmartModels. I believe it is included there, otherwise I don't remember where I got it... With regards to getting it working I have some code demonstrating it, which I could dig up if you want, but it was run under Active HDL, not Modelsim...

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Thanks to all,

I was able to get Rocket IO smart model simulation running in Modelsim SE.

Thank you very much to you guys Mikhail and SEAN

Thanks cu - Kedar

Reply to
kedarpapte