Shift register

Hello!
I am using the WebPack ( VHDL ) and the 9500 family CPLD. I would like
to make a SPI interface. So now I need a VHDL description of an 8 bit
parallel-in serial-out shift register with MSB shifting out first. So
far I haven't had any luck so I am asking you for help. I thank you in
advance for your efforts.

Best regards
George Mercury

Re: Shift register

You need to do a little work bud.  Go to the Xilinx website and read through
some of the application notes.  Also, in Webpack, find a menu entry called
"Library Templates".  This is FULL of all sorts of examples and templates
you can use.  You can even do a Google/Yahoo/whatever search of this
newsgroup and/or the 'net in general and find loads of examples and
tutorials on FPGA's, Verilog, VHDL and other topics.

There's no such thing as a dumb question, but I think that most newsgroup
participants appreciate it when a poster does a little bit of work before
asking for help.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian

Re: Shift register

Here's what I cooked up:

library IEEE;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.ALL;

-- 8-bit load, 1-bit shift out (msb first)
--
-- if load is '1', a new value is loaded from d.
-- if shift_out is '1', next bit is shifted out (msb first).