SGMII Interface

Not quite on topic - but I thought somebody here might know -

Does anybody know where I can get hold of the SGMII spec (Used on SFP modules, esp. 10/100/1000 copper)?

All I can find in the SFP/PHY datasheets that I've looked at so far is references to the data bytes being repeated 10 times (Which doesn't help much with autonegotiation).

Thanks, Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Stringer

SGMII is part of the IEE 802.x series. To get the spec, you have to either have a subscription or have access to a company that does ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I do have the 802.3 documents - They quite clearly define MII (25MHz/4bit) and GMII (125MHz/8bit), but not (As far as I could tell) SGMII (625MHz DDR/1 bit, GE signalling, modified autonegotiation sequences, repeated payload bytes for 10/100).

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Stringer