Serial ATA with Xilinx RocketIO (Virtex 2 Pro)??

Hi ...

Xilinx still claims in various documents that you could
use RocketIOs for Serial ATA.

Half a year ago there was the same question - the
problem seems to be with the "Out-of-Bound" (OOB)
message creation and detection ...

has anyone found a solution yet?

bye,
Michael

Re: Serial ATA with Xilinx RocketIO (Virtex 2 Pro)??

as much as I got informatiom from Xilinx then, well ML300 board has SATA
connectors but they are unuseabel as SATA :(
so, NO there is no OOB support and SATA with RocketIO in V2Pro.

antti
www.openchip.org

Re: Serial ATA with Xilinx RocketIO (Virtex 2 Pro)??

have you found an other way to use serial ata with an FPGA?

Silicon Image hat a 2port serial ata phy (Sil3012) but I have not seen
a datasheet yet. It has a 150MHz DDR interface and about the same
pin count as parallel ata :-(

bye,
Michael

Site Timeline