Sentinel dongle no longer detected by Quartus

I'm running Quartus (versions 4.0 and 4.1) on a Dell Inspiron 8600, with a dongle connected to the parallel port. The other day the dongle stopped being detected in Quartus. A printer still works off the port so it is fine, and port is set to ecp as required. The dongle works with other machines I am using. Has anyone got a program to determine the problem between the dongle and the parallel port? Maybe I will have to resort to using a debug tool to locate the problem.

Reply to
Wilhelm Klink

Hi Wilhelm,

Please contact the Altera Applications group. Also can you check if the dongle can be seen when the programming hardware is not connected to the dongle port? If the dongle can be seen without programming hardware, ask for a license tied to your NICID.

Hope this helps. Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

That's not viable for me since I'm in Australia. I'm not using programming hardware on this computer. I have tried some diagnostic software from the Rainbow web site with no success. I might try calling our local Altera distributor.

Reply to
Wilhelm Klink

Hi Wilhelm,

If your dongle is Flexlm based you can check your dongle driver using the following command from a DOS box/Cygwin shell

lmutil lmhostid -flexid

If your driver is working the above command should return your dongle ID (7-xxxxxxxx/8-xxxxxxxx), if not the you need to re-install the driver,

Hans.

Hans