Sending text from fpga to printer

Yes. Same as using a processor to do the same thing.

Reply to
Jezwold

It's very simple in case of a printer having a centronics interface. Even graphics can be done easily after sending the right commands.

In case of a USB printer you will need a USB host. Implementing that in an FPGA will be much more difficult, so buy an old fashion HP500 Deskjet from Ebay and use that one (:

Best Regards, Roel

Reply to
Roel

I should send text to a parallel printer.

What is a centronics interface?

Reply to
Marco

See

Best Regards, Roel

Reply to
Roel

I have read about Centronics ad its phase transition. I have read also EPP and ECP.

I should implement a OPB Slave peripheral to print text.

Could you tell me where I can find other information about Centronics, such as signal input and output?

Many Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco