SelectMAP problem

Hello,

I'm using SelectMAP to access the xc2vp20 on a HW-AFX-1152 board. For the controller I'm using the PPC on the xc2vp7 on an ML300 board, the SelectMAP is connected to GPIO2 pins (using a custom OPB peripheral, not opb_gpio). I am using SelectMAP Slave Mode and controlled CCLK (less than 200 kHz).

So far, I've got configuration and read_idcode working. However it just won't work when I try to read *anything* but the IDCODE register, whatever I try :(

Read IDCODE works right as in the book, writing five words: FFFF_FFFF, AA99_5566, 2801_C001, 0000_0000, 0000_0000 and then reading the first four bytes after BUSY deasserts. It doesn't matter whether the device is configured (Persist:Yes) or not, it just works :)

But when I try to read the STATUS register, for example, using

2800_E001 as the third command word, with everything else (including control signals and timing) completely the same, it doesn't work any more. It returns one byte of zeros, then goes into ABORT for just _two_ cycles (status 0xF1), then reverts to non-abort status (0xF9).

The same goes for a number of other registers I tried so far (CTL, MASK, CRC, ..). I also tried reading back a single frame via FDRO, using the right commands (well, the same ones I am successfully using on the ICAP), but again no luck. Again, it doesn't matter whether the device is configured (with Persist) or not, read IDCODE works, everything else fails.

Anybody got *any* idea what I might be doing wrong?

regards,

-g

--
In crustulum beatitas.