Searching for info about very old FPGA devices

Hello. My name is Rodrigo and I am from Argentina. I was looking for very o ld datasheets without success :-( (I searched a lot in google, archive.org, alldatasheets, and more places...). I obtained name from old papers and pa tents:

  • Plessey (1989). ERA60100 Preliminary Datasheet. Plessey Semiconductor, Sw indon, England.
  • GEC Plessey Semiconductors, ERA60100 Electrically Reconfigurable Array Da ta Sheet, GEC Plessey Semiconductors Ltd., Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 2QW, UK,
1991

  • Plus Logic FPGA2020 Preliminary Data Sheet, 1990

  • Plus Logic, FPSL5110 Product Brief , October 1989
  • FPGA 2010, Field Programmable Gate Array, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., n o date, pp. 1-4.
  • FPGA 2020, Field Programmable Gate Array, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., n o date, pp. 1-37.
  • FPGA 2040, Field Programmable Gate Array, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., n o date, pp. 1-4.
  • FPGA 5110, Intelligent Data Buffer, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., no date , pp. 1-6.

  • Concurrent Logic, Inc. Data Sheet CFA6006 Field Programmable Gate Array; Advanced Info.; Mar. 15, 1991, Rev. 2.2.

  • Concurrent Logic, Inc., "CLi6000 Series Field Programmable Gate Array," R ev. 1.3, May 1992.

  • National Semiconductor, "Configurable Logic Array (CLAy) Data Sheet", 199

3
  • Configurable Logic Array (CLAy?); Preliminary. Datasheet, Nationa l Semiconductors, Santa Clara, CA, Dec. 1993

I am studyng their architectures and the datasheet could be useful.

Some doubts which maybe somebody knows:

  • Did Plus Logic FPGAs? I know, their devices are called FPGA20xx... Howeve r, Plus Logic was acquired by Xilinx in 1991 to became the EPLD/CPLD divisi on... And the FPGA2020 became the XC7272 (which is a CPLD).
  • Has the Clay from National some relation with the CLI6000 from Concurrent ? or the AT6000 from Atmel? (which acquired Concurrent Logic and CLI6000).

I read some very old posts with people speaking about some of them, so, may be theses people is still around and have some ideas :-D

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Rodrigo Melo

old datasheets without success :-( (I searched a lot in google, archive.or g, alldatasheets, and more places...). I obtained name from old papers and patents:

Swindon, England.

Data Sheet, GEC Plessey Semiconductors Ltd., Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 2QW, UK , 1991

no date, pp. 1-4.

no date, pp. 1-37.

no date, pp. 1-4.

te, pp. 1-6.

; Advanced Info.; Mar. 15, 1991, Rev. 2.2.

Rev. 1.3, May 1992.

993

nal Semiconductors, Santa Clara, CA, Dec. 1993

ver, Plus Logic was acquired by Xilinx in 1991 to became the EPLD/CPLD divi sion... And the FPGA2020 became the XC7272 (which is a CPLD).

nt? or the AT6000 from Atmel? (which acquired Concurrent Logic and CLI6000) .

aybe theses people is still around and have some ideas :-D

I worked with the Concurrent chips, but I think the data sheets are on an o ld desktop that doesn't work anymore. I did find this on the Internet.

Hope that helps.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Hi Rick. Thanks. In fact, is the only one that I already have XD I copy and paste my list of missing datasheets where I didn't update that I found it the last week.

I know that they are very old datasheet and if I didn't found in internet, old desktops are the only opportunity! I think that the worst cases are Plus Logic products, due that I think that were not marketed and there is very little information.

Thanks

Reply to
driverram

Some of the old parts (Motorola, Toshiba, and others) were licensed from Pilkington - that gives you another search term :)

See if you can track down someone from Lattice Logic in Edinburgh. They were gurus and were very well connected.

More parts for your list: Xilinx 5200 and Xilinx 8100.

I expect you've read this and checked the references:

Tim

On 27/05/2018 17:38, Rodrigo Melo wrote:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim

Yes, I know. Pilkington licensee Plessey (ERA), Toshiba (TC? somebody know about datasheets? I only have a paper) and Motorola (MAP1000). Somebody know others? I read it "others" a lot of times, but no more names.

Ok, I will search about they.

Yes, I know all about Xilinx since the xc2064 :-D I also know that Xilinx acquired Plus Logic (CPLD business) and Algotronix (which derived in the xc6200). Also the coolrunner CPLDs from Philips.

Yes, I read it and a lot more of paper. Any idea about Prizm? I found nothing about.

I also know about IBM10016 (an AT6000 variation), Crosspoint's CP20K and Plasma from HP.

My main doubts know are:

  • What about Prizm?
  • Was Plus Logic a FPGA vendor, or only CPLDs?
  • What about the Clay from Nationals? were originals or licensed?
  • What about others Pilkington based?
  • Is there a datasheet from TC series of Toshiba? I found other things from Toshiba called TC XD

See you.

Reply to
Rodrigo Melo

I was talking with former employees of NSC, which worked with the CLAy architecture. None of them has the datasheets XD.

My other doubts (not related with CLAy) are still there XD.

Any help will be apreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Rodrigo Melo

No small part of the problem is that this was the early days of the Internet and PDF files. I don't recall how quickly PDF was adopted by everyone. Some products that only lasted a few years may have not made it onto PDF files.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Yep. Since 1996 there are not many problems, but previous data is difficult to obtain. It depends on somebody which digitalize the doc.

Reply to
Rodrigo Melo