Searching for 802.11a phy IP

Hi, I've searched the archive for this newsgroup, and read the FAQ. I'm wondering if anybody can help me locate an 802.11a or g phy VHDL, Verilog or other implementation.

Thanks,

David snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
David

This is the FPGA group. We tend to be digital. Are you aware that the phy (as in "physical") tends to be an analog endeavor? Do you mean that you want a MAC (Media Access Controller) to interface to a known external phy?

Most manufacturers that present 802.11 solutions do so with chipsets. You may see some single-chip solutions for 802.11a/b/g in the near future but it looks like they aren't out quite yet.

Reply to
John_H