Searching for 802.11a/g implementations

Hi,

I've been reading the archives of this list, and the FAQ. I haven't seen much about 802.11a and g phy implementations. Does anybody know where I might find 802.11a/g VHDL, Verilog or other implementations. This does not need to be open source, however, I am looking for something that I will be able to add my own modifications to.

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David

This is the FPGA group. We tend to be digital. Are you aware that the phy (as in "physical") tends to be an analog endeavor? Do you mean that you want a MAC (Media Access Controller) to interface to a known external phy?

Most manufacturers that present 802.11 solutions do so with chipsets. You may see some single-chip solutions for 802.11a/b/g in the near future but it looks like they aren't out quite yet.

Reply to
John_H

I googled on "802.11" phy core and got several hits. Here's one that has been targeted to an FPGA.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Sefton

Thanks for the response, Robert. I hadn't found what I was looking for with a google search, but will take a look at ittiam.

In answer to another response, what I'm looking for is the DSP baseband processing part of the 802.11 phy. The RF frontend and the ADC/DAC are not my main focus right now. Not looking at the MAC either. Thanks

Reply to
David

presently we are working on 802.11a/g implementation in fpga.

whazz up, david ?

cheers,

buzz

# > > I've been reading the archives of this list, and the FAQ.=20 # I haven't # > > seen much about 802.11a and g phy implementations. Does=20 # anybody know # > > where I might find 802.11a/g VHDL, Verilog or other=20 # implementations. # > > This does not need to be open source, however, I am looking for # > > something that I will be able to add my own modifications to. # > >

# > > Thanks, # > >

# > > David #=20

Reply to
Basuki Endah Priyanto