SDRAM controller

I am looking for a SDRAM controller for Xilinx Spartan3 device in Verilog. xapp 134 has one which targets virtex 2 devices. Xilinx MIG can be used for DDR and DDR2 SDRAMs. Can a DDR SDRAM controller be used to drive SDR SDRAM? What other options do I have?

Reply to
FP

Yes, with some minor modifications this should be possible. But beware, there are no usefull free DDR controllers available for the Spartan3 series.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

I need this SDRAM controller too. There are some on OpenCores, but with gotchas.

Reply to
PFC

No, unless it is a combined DDR/SDR controller, and those aren't common.

An SDR DRAM controller.

Reply to
Eric Smith

Write one? Assuming you have relatively modest performance requirements (which seems reasonabnle, or you'd be using DDR), it's not a huge task. My first significant piece of VHDl was an SDRAM controller, years ago using a FLEX10KE part!

SDR is really not that complicated, and the timing is fairly easy for modern devices to handle.

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html