SDC of NCF?

Hey everyone,

I recently started using Mentor Graphics Precision Synthesis for fpga's after Leonardo Spectrum stopped supporting fpga's.

Now Precision is outputting constraints in an sdc file (Synopsys Design Constraints i think) but then when i go to place and route ngdbuild is looking for an ncf file?

I think Leonardo may have been outputting the ncf file (Netlist Constraints File - right?) but I can't seem to find a way to convert sdc files to ncf. Am i thinking about this the wrong way or what?

I dont think ngdbuild accepts sdc files as input so i'm stuck as to how to get ngdbuild to apply my constraints.

Any help much appreciated! :-)

Cheers.

Rob.

Reply to
robquigley

That's not so bad. Constraints are simple for a synchronous design. In any case, I have to specify and enter them manually somewhere, and I prefer the backend where they won't be touched.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Hum.......? are you sure?

Precision will convert your SDC to UCF before invoking ISE. Just look in your implementation directory.

Hans

HT-Lab