RTOS?

I am developing an FPGA application which works in series with a main processor which is running an RTOS(VxWorks). Since my inputs and outputs are to and from that processor, should i be using any RTOS?

Kindly clarify. thanks in advance.

Regards Surya.

Reply to
Surya

It really depends on your application. If you're implementing a processor core that will run multiple tasks, then you may want to consider using an RTOS. If your FPGA is only performing a single task, having an RTOS (or in fact, any OS) will just increase your resource requirements. Remember that bare hardware without an OS is also capable of realtime.

Reply to
Jules