Routing Resources

Dear All,

I am looking for a way to quantify the amount of routing resources used on a Xilinx FPGA (Spartan chip). Does anybody know of a software that can do that. I understand that Jbits handles bitstreams. However, is it able to compile these statistics?

It will be brilliant if I am able to find out the amount and type of connections used for certain types of components. Of course FPGA editor and floor planner does that graphically but clicking on more than 1 component normally creates a jumble of arrows such that it is difficult to extract anything useful. Numbers that could be automatically extracted will be exactly what I need.

If no direct and convinient method exists, suggestions of indirect, heuristical techniques would also be welcomed.

tEd

Reply to
Ted