RocketIO simulation in VCS

I am trying to simulate RocketIO MGT in VCS. When I do vcs -lmc-swift-template GT_SWIFT it says it couldn't find libswift.so library. I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3. What files/directories should I look for to confirm if the SmartModel Library is installed in VCS? or any better way to find if VCS is setup properly for SmartModel simulation.

Thanks, Sovan.

Reply to
sovan

You have to install the models. There is a script in $XILINX/smartmodel/lin/image/sl_admin.csh

that will generate the models.

You are running RHEL so the script should just work. For those who are running unsupported distros the script needs to be slightly modified. Just before the platform check add the line

set platform = "x86_linux"

Reply to
Josh Rosen

It's been a couple years since I did this, but in my scripts I have something like:

TARGET_OPS="... -y $ISE_HOME/smartmodel/$xsmarch/wrappers/vcs -lmc-swift" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS

-L$ISE_HOME/smartmodel/$xsmarch/installed_$xsmarch/lib/$xsmlibd" LP=$ISE_HOME/smartmodel/$xsmarch/installed_$xsmarch/lib/$xsmlibd if test -z "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" then LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LP else LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$LP fi export LD_LIBRARY_PATH LMC_HOME=$ISE_HOME/smartmodel/$xsmarch/installed_$xsmarch export LMC_HOME

$VCS_HOME/bin/vcs ... $TARGET_OPS ...

The xmarch and xsmlibd variables are set by my configure script if I'm running on solaris or linux etc.

case $target in i?86-pc-linux-gnu|\ x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) xsmarch=lin ; xsmlibd=x86_linux.lib ;; sparc-sun-solaris*) xsmarch=sol ; xsmlibd=sun4Solaris.lib ;;

*) xsmarch=unknown ;; esac

I home this helps Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Which version of ISE? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Last I checked, Smartmodel is not available for the 64-bit ISE. If you use ISE 8.1

32-bit, you need to run "compxlib" first to compile the smartmodel library and then set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH accrodingly.

HTH, Jim

sovan wrote:

Reply to
Jim Wu