Rocket I/O Fail modes/problems help

Hello all. Apologize if I'm in the wrong area but this seemed to be the tech topic area for Rocket I/O questions.

We are implementing an Interface Upgrade to a radar system and Rocket I/O seems to be the candidate of choice for the data transfers involved. On the test side, I need to be able to assure data accuracy, timeliness and redundancy. I'm looking for some pointers on what the expected failure modes of a rocket I/O datalink can entail beyond a physical transceiver or cable h/w failure? Does anyone know of other failure modes to watch out for in this application?

Thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
jbs80922

Rocket I/O

On

and

failure

transceiver or

out

These are not Rocket I/O specific, but could influence Rocket I/O operation:

- Power supply failure or regulation

- Ground bounce

- Too many high current outputs switching at the same time (SSO)

- Bit errors due to tight timing requirements OR getting close to temperature limits

- Clock failure(s)

- Glitches or overshoot/undershoot on any signal feeding into the FPGA (clock or otherwise)

Have fun,

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph