RISC-V Support in FPGA - Page 4

Re: RISC-V Support in FPGA

The value of a company is not directly related to technology.  There are
many ways to make a buck and making a buck is what the value of a
company is about.

Anyone can make hamburgers, but McDonalds seems to have done well over
the decades.

--

Rick C

Re: RISC-V Support in FPGA
snipped-for-privacy@xilinx.com says...

They didn't buy ARM so much as  they bought a concept with a business model
that many companies had foolishly signed up to accept - that's where the
valuation comes from. The actual commodity - like those of pyramid schemes -
(which is what IP is effectively) - is mostly irrelevant.

and  yes - a student can design  "A processor" - but one that fulfills a market need
that "significantly"  (and underlined)    moves the market forward adding value
in power, performance, size, manufacturability and so on - is not so easy to do.

(Trust me - I'm working on ideas myself - it's not trivial at all)

--

john

Re: RISC-V Support in FPGA

Yes, those "many companies" are crying all the way to the bank.

The pyramid is at the basis of most business models.  It's a great idea
actually and everyone participates voluntarily.

Any yet, ARM seems to be doing very well adding value for all the chip
makers.

--

Rick C

Site Timeline