retiming with Synplify Pro

I am having problems gtting the retiming feature in Synplify to work.
I am coding in a style that utilizes the behavioural retiming(BRT) of
synopsys.
I code a mac as simple ((a*b) + c) + bulk delay. Synopsys then retimes
the code by pipelining the mac.

When I try to test this code in an fpga, Synplify does not retime the
registers properly.
Has anyone else tried this?

thanks
John

Re: retiming with Synplify Pro

Yes, I tried it when Synplify first introduced retiming.
It had some effect, but no, it didn't work as I wanted it to,
so I didn't buy Synplify Pro.

However, I am still a happy user of Synplify Amateur.

Alan Nishioka
snipped-for-privacy@accom.com

Site Timeline