Reprogramming Proms,before the fpga boots from them (Avnet board,Xilinx Proms)

Hello,

I have programmed the 2 cascaded xilinx-PROMs of my development board with incorrect files (.mcs files). What I have actually done is program prom1 with the .mcs file that should go to prom2 and the other way around... :-) The two files contain one configuration for the FPGA. What happened is that eventually the fuse of the board was burnt..

I have replaced with a new fuse and want to reprogram the Proms with valid files in the right way. So, my question is: how can I do this without the FPGA getting programmed at power-up. I want to power-up the board, program the PROMs with Impact and then allow the fpga to get configured by the PROMs.

I am working on the Avnet Xilinx V2pro evaluation board with one XC2VP7 FPGA and 2 XC18V04 proms.

Thank you in advance guys!

George

Reply to
giorgos.puiklis