regarding VREF and VCCO and GCLK in virtex 2 pro fpga

hi,

i am working on virtex 2 pro fpga i have a basic doubt

  1. i am using bank 5 for my input and outputs. i have vref in the bank which is not connected to supply(3.3v). my doubt is whether i should connect it to the supply voltage. if i am not using the I/O of any bank do i have to connect the VREF of that bank to the corresponidng supply voltage or i can leave as unconnected. if u connect one pin of vref to supply voltage is enough as the other VREF are internally connected to each other.

  1. what are VCCINT, VCCAUX, VCCO,VREF VIN,VTS in fpga any particular rules that need to be followd while working with them and each bank can have different VCCAUX supply and each bank can be supplied with different GCLK (say bank 5 has GCLK5S and GCLK4P should have same supply GCLK as internally they are connected to same GCLK right). if i can give different banks with different GCLK values then can i use GLK pin in one bank clock to the other bank.

regards srik

Reply to
ekavirsrikanth

The Virtex 2 Pro datasheet is available online in pdf format. It has answers to your questions. In particular, it states that if you need to supply Vref, you must drive all the Vref pins in the bank. There are also tables that describe which IO standards require Vref as well as descriptions of the other pins from your original post.

If, after reading the datasheet, you have additional questions, post them in this group. However, you should state what you have already read and why that information is not sufficient. That way, the replies can be specific to your question and not go over material that you already understand.

--
Joe Samson
Pixel Velocity