reducing the number of IOBS in a design

how can you reduce the number if IOBs a design uses during synthesis?

thanks

-- Geoffrey Wall Masters Student in Electrical/Computer Engineering Florida State University, FAMU/FSU College of Engineering snipped-for-privacy@eng.fsu.edu Cell Phone:

850.339.4157

ECE Machine Intelligence Lab

MIL Office Phone:

850.410.6145

Center for Applied Vision and Imaging Science

CAVIS Office Phone:

850.645.2257
Reply to
geoffrey wall

Specify fewer input/output ports in the top level of the hdl file or schematics.

Reply to
John_H

Synthesis tools have nothing to do with the number of IOBs. The number of I/Os is determined by your design. One way to reduce I/O count is multiplexing.

HTH, Jim

Reply to
Jim Wu

Re-phrase the question, because you cannot remove I/O port which exists in the design. Because it's like asking "can i use 16K RAM block without actually consuming it?"

Vladislav Muravin