Real Time Protocol - RTP using FPGA

in my pc there is a DB with songs and i want to send/ transmit using RTP real time protocol to different devices so I want send media over RTP/UDP/IP using fpgas

Reply to
Emil Imrith

time protocol to different devices so I want send media over RTP/UDP/IP using fpgas

I have the understanding of the RTP header and I know there so ip libraries for ethernet networking so I want to descript a hardware to transmit my media probably I will need an encoder within ?

Reply to
Emil Imrith

time protocol to different devices so I want send media over RTP/UDP/IP using fpgas

Why do you want to use an FPGA for this? Unless you *need* an FPGA, I'd avoid it...

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
 Click to see the full signature

time protocol to different devices so I want send media over RTP/UDP/IP using fpgas

Why not use a wire? They are low power and very inexpensive. They don't require any coding either.

If you are talking about generating the RTP protocol, why not do that in software in your PC? Isn't that where the music data base is? How would you get the music into the FPGA?

Rick

Reply to
rickman