Real numbered operations

Hello, My question is simple but I'm confused. How can I make operations with any real number (for ex : 0,432)? Just a simple code that multiplies X*coef(realnumber) and puts it into Y would be enough for me. Y must be output. Thanks

Reply to
Gorker

by the way, I am using Verilog.

Reply to
Gorker

Reply to
Symon

real number (for ex : 0,432)? Just a simple code that multiplies X*coef(realnumber) and puts it into Y would be enough for me. Y must be output.

Is this supposed to be synthesizable? Reals in Verilog aren't synthesizable. If you want to synthesize and use fractional numbers, you'll have to use fixed-point and keep track of the radix point yourself.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Neilson