reading from CF

Hi to everyone,

I have an Avnet XILINX Virtex-II Pro FPGA xc2vp7ff896 and I am tryin

to make simple designs work on this board I'm using EDK 6.3 for designing purposes and Impact to generate th .ace file and copying it to the compact flash card. I have already tried 3 or 4 different designs and none of them seem t work on this board I think i'm doing everthing correctly since on power up I choose th design to be executed with the dip switches on S1 and reset the boar with the first dip switch on S2 like the manual says Although everything seems to work correctly (no error lights on th board) there is no type of response from the application throug serial port of the board on to the hyperterminal session on my PC Nevertheless when I try booting the .ace files that come preconfigure from factory on the compact flash they all work correctly ¿Is there something i'm missing making the design When choosing files to add to the ace file, ¿do I choose only the .bi file or do I also choose the .elf file? When I choose both I hav error lights on the board ¿Is there any way of debugging the application without the JTA parallel cable ¿Do I have to include SysACE component in EDK designs in order to b able to boot from the CF card? If I include SysACE component EDK n longer lets you choose SDRAM component, necessary for nearly all m designs

Thankyou

Reply to
pepeprisas