Reading from and Writing to J3 Intel StrataFlash NOR FlashPROM on Spartan3E SK

Dear Friends,

Please, I need help. I have met difficulty with reading data from and writing data to J3 Intel StrataFlash NOR Flash PROM on Spartan3E Starter Kit. I have followed the instructions which have been written in its datasheet but I still have met problems.

I used the method =E2=80=9Conce read then write many times=E2=80=9D to Intel StrataFlash (SF) and its read/write controller program was multiplexed with LCD writing state program, like this following states: Power On =EF=83=A0 LCD Init =EF=83=A0 Read SF then loads its data to Binary Counter = input port =EF=83=A0 Writing first round characters to LCD =EF=83=A0 Writing Bina= ry Counter output data to SF =EF=83=A0 Writing second round characters to LCD =EF=83=A0 Writing Binary Counter output data to SF =EF=83=A0 Writing first = round characters to LCD =EF=83=A0 Writing Binary Counter output data to SF =EF=83= =A0 and so on. Hence, I hope the memory data was always be updated according to Binary Counter alteration. But, actually the data was not updated after I turned off then turned back on the Starter Kit. I also have added more delays onto read/write waiting states, but the data still was not updated.

According to datasheet, data reading needs the times at least 75 ns after SF_CE0 signal goes =E2=80=98low=E2=80=99 or can be represented with 4= T clock

50 MHz then followed with SF_OE signal goes =E2=80=98low=E2=80=99. Valid da= ta will be emerged 25 ns after SF_OE signal goes =E2=80=98low=E2=80=99 or can be represented with 2T clock 50 MHz (40 ns). Also, data writing needs the times at least 60 ns =E2=80=98low=E2=80=99 SF_CE0 and SF_WE signals (or 3T = clock 50 MHz). I used 2 bytes 8-bit data to be kept onto memory. Data port was bidirectional, so I used IBUF8 =E2=80=93 OBUFT8 and T pin on OBUFT8 became = to the data traffic controller. Hence, I designed its reading states like this: SF_A0
Reply to
Eka From Indonesia

Dear Friends,

Please forgive me if you confused while trying to understand my problems. In my mail there are many box marks or maybe question marks when I explain my flow states. They aren't box or question marks but they were right-direction arrow marks, because I was writing my mail with Microsoft Office before I posted to forum.

So please forgive me for the inconvenience. And please I need the answer soon because I'd like to continue my project urgently. I have done everything to access J3 Intel Strata Flash including read Status Signal (SF_STS) prior to data replacements. But still doesn't make it updates the data.

Please Masters, I need help urgently and I am waiting your answers A.S.A.P. Thank you for your attentions.

Best regards, Eka

Reply to
Eka From Indonesia