Read Data from BlockRAM

I am using Virtex2pro - xc2vp30 to implement my HDL-based design. The output of my design will be stored in BlockRAM. How can I read my output from BlockRAM (BRAM)? Do I need to access BRAM using PowerPC? If so, how can I connect this BRAM with the PowerPC bus? I am a beginner of FPGA implementation. So, your advice will greatly help me.

Reply to
Arul

Arul schrieb:

Using BRAM is quite easy. Take a look at the XST documentation, chapter

2: "HDL Coding Techniques". There you find many examples how to describe your design so that the synthesis will use the features of the FPGA. You don't need the PowerPC to access the BRAMs.

Matthias Alles

Reply to
Matthias Alles

Hi Matthias:

Thanks for your reply.

But I need to read the output (size: 256*256) from the BRAM and to store it in my desktop. When I discussed this problem with some of my friends here, they told me that I need to find the way to connect my user-logic to the PowerPC bus and then I need to read the data from the BRAM using the BRAM controller and store it in the desktop. Can you tell me the way to connect the user-logic with the bus and access the BRAM in virtex2pro?

Thanks, Aroul

Reply to
Arul