Re: Xilinx Foundation Series 2.1i on Linux

Hi, have anyone successfully installed Xilinx Foundation Series 2.1i on

> Linux? > > I've tried doing so, but without success. > This is what I have done. > > cd /mnt/cdrom > wine setup.exe > > With the above command executed, a new window with the Xilinx logo > appeared and disappeared without doing any installation. > > The specs of my comp. are as follow: > Pentium 3 500 MHz > Mandrake 9.1 > > Thank you.

Might this be related to the buggy Java interpreter mentioned in "Xilinx Foundation Series F2.1i + win2k" (comp.arch.fpga)

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteå

I can guarantee it will work with VMWare. But, this requires a full Windows (your favorite flavor here) OS to be installed as a guest to the Linux system. And, there is no longer a free version of VMWare. They do have demos, however.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson