Re: User Core OPB Problem (EDK3.2)

The ssp0 core has a mir interface within. You need to assign the addresses for the mir registers. I.E:

BEGIN opb_core_ssp0 PARAMETER INSTANCE = opb_core_ssp0_1 PARAMETER HW_VER = 1.00.b PARAMETER c_BASEADDR = 0x21000000 PARAMETER c_HIGHADDR = 0x210000ff PARAMETER c_mir_BASEADDR = 0x21000100 PARAMETER c_mir_HIGHADDR = 0x210001ff PORT opb_clk = sys_clk PORT led = led BUS_INTERFACE SOPB = opb END

Matthias Dyer wrote: > Hello, >

We are trying to implement an OPB slave user core as described in the "User > Core Template Reference Guide" (Jan 2003). We are using the template > "opb_core_ssp0_v1_00_a". We have connected the user core to the OPB Bus of a > Microblaze system (generated with Xilinx EDK3.2 SP1 tools). Now, having > this core as the only opb slave on the bus causes no problems. But when we > connect other pre-build peripherials such as the "uart-lite", our core > interfers somehow with the other cores. In particular the uart output is > croped after 16 chars if our user core is present. This is a weird behavior > since our core should have a well defined opb addres space and does only > read from the opb and does not write to it. > > This effect even occurs when we take an empty user core template! > > Have anyone had the same experience or can anyone help? > > Thanks a lot and best regards, > > Matthias > >
Reply to
John