Re: Suitable motherboard for Spartan-IIE PCI design

There are a number of boards available.  You should look
for a server class motherboard, one that supports PCI-X
or at least PCI at 66 MHz.  A board that supports either
of those will be (by requirement) at 3.3v slot, not a 5.0v
slot.

If you are looking for a cheap machine that will do the
job, you may consider the HP Kayak XU800.  I see a number
of them available on Ebay from time to time.

Eric

Re: Suitable motherboard for Spartan-IIE PCI design
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:16:52 -0700, Eric Crabill

Last time I looked, there was one desktop class motherboard that seemed
to fit the bill.

Tyan Trinity GCSL.

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/trinitygcsl.html

I haven't gotten around to trying it however.

- Brian

Site Timeline