Re: Suitable motherboard for Spartan-IIE PCI design

Hi,

There are a number of boards available. You should look for a server class motherboard, one that supports PCI-X or at least PCI at 66 MHz. A board that supports either of those will be (by requirement) at 3.3v slot, not a 5.0v slot.

If you are looking for a cheap machine that will do the job, you may consider the HP Kayak XU800. I see a number of them available on Ebay from time to time.

Eric

Dear All, > > Apologies if this is slightly off-topic but I hope there may be > someone reading who has faced a similar problem. > > I have a prototype 33/32 PCI peripheral. The PCI bus interface is > implemented in a Spartan-IIE device, which is not +5V tolerant. Design > verification of the hardware is underway on this new design. > > I would like to make progress on software development while we wait > for the hardware to be finished. To that end, I am looking for a > PC-architecture motherboard into which I can plug our prototype card > without blowing the Spartan-IIE device. > > I tried searching for suitable commodity motherboards. There are > plently of boards but none of them specified that their PCI bus > interfaces were 3.3V only. > > If anyone can suggest a suitable board I would be most grateful. > > Regards, > Colin.
Reply to
Eric Crabill

Last time I looked, there was one desktop class motherboard that seemed to fit the bill.

Tyan Trinity GCSL.

I haven't gotten around to trying it however.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond