Re: reconfiguration VirtexE via JTAG (full or partial)

Does it mean that figure 6. in xapp139 (Device configuration flow
diagramm) has error? The "Reconfigure path" trough "Shundown sequence"
is available or not?

under "shutdown sequence" i mean the process described on p14 XAPP139

[ from XAPP139
1. Load the CFG_IN instruction into the JTAG instruction register.
Next, go to the SHIFT-DR
COR (Configuration Option Register) with the SHUTDOWN bit = 1
]

the described process does not need access to PROG

--------------------

Thanks.
Sergey.

Re: reconfiguration VirtexE via JTAG (full or partial)

I am sorry for my verbosity. Let me explain.
I did find "TAP debug" dialog in iMPACT. But it is extremely dificult
and time-consuming to enter commands bit-by-bit.
Is there a way to perform the comands in batch mode or place them into
bitstream file? In my prev. message i ask about tools doing this.

BR,
Sergey Yemets
Samsung Software Center (Moscow Branch Office)

Re: reconfiguration VirtexE via JTAG (full or partial)

get JAM player, write some JAM functions and talk to the JTAG port
anyway you wish.

you can as example
use BSCANVIRTEX and connect it to ICAP and reconfig
or use use normal JTAG config commands or send commands to your
custom JTAG functions/register (USER1, USER2 commands)

:)
antti

Re: reconfiguration VirtexE via JTAG (full or partial)
Sergey,

The JSHUTDOWN command will do just fine. If your design has dll and/or
ram, you may want to make sure you reset them.

You can automate the shutdown sequence with the XSVF player. Generate an
SVF file with iMPACT or by hand, then convert the SVF fiel to XSVF file
and play the XSVF file with XSVF.

Please take a look at XAPP058 for the XSVF player and converter and
XAPP503 for detailed format on SVF.

Regards, Wei