Re: *RANT* Ridiculous EDA software "user license agreements"?

Hi Mike,

I assume when you say move around you mean taking it home? I just checked my Modelsim license and the 800m clause applies to any license, nodelocked or floating. However, I would say that as long as your Modelsim dongle is nodelocked, insured and you work for the company that paid for the license than I don't believe Mentor will complain about a license breach if you take it home. I can be 100% sure though since I don't work for Mentor but I assume they have more important things to do :-)

Regards, Hans.

Hans

Since you are using UNIX-based hosts, you might want to consider looking into NX

I have used it for the exact same purpose for years (it wasn't actually called NX back then).

For quite some time I had to use a connection going from the local office in Boston,MA to Milpitas,CA and back to Boston. No issues here.

Hope that helps, Marcus

Reply to
marcus.harnisch