Re: Question conserning Altera's Quartus II

Right click on the block you created. You can use use the Create Design File
From Selected Block. to generate a lower level Schematic file (bdf), VHDL
file (vhd), Verilog File (v) or AHDL (tdf) file for the selected Block.
These generated files will contain the I/O definitions that were defined by
the block. You can then open the generated file and enter the rest of the
design.

For example my schematic had a block called block_name with 4 ports. I right
clicked on the block and used the Create Design File From Selected Block
command to generate the file block_name.vhd file. The contents of the
generated block_name.vhd is as follows:

.....Copyright text
-- Generated by Quartus II Version 3.0 (Build Internal Build 225 08/11/2003)

LIBRARY ieee;
USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

--  Entity Declaration

ENTITY block_name IS
 -- } DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE!
 PORT
 (
  a : IN STD_LOGIC;
  b : IN STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(2 downto 0);
  c : OUT STD_LOGIC;
  d : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(3 downto 0)
 );
 -- } DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE!

END block_name;

--  Architecture Body

ARCHITECTURE block_name_architecture OF block_name IS

BEGIN
-- Enter your logic here
END block_name_architecture;

Hope this helps.