Re: pricing, cyclone or spartan

> Hi all, > > What is the price for a maximux of 50K system gates, IO counts is not > an issue, with more than 100K volumn per year? We look at cyclone and > spartan series because Xilinx and Altera claimed they are cheap. > > 100K is the minimum. > > Thanks, > John
Reply to
Peter Alfke

: I guess the smallest spartan III and cyclone devices should also come down : below 10$ but then S3-50 does not have BRAM and both Spartan and Cyclone : do require config memory to be present what may add significant amount to : the final price (both money as board estate, etc)

XC3S50 _will_ have BRAM, only the first batch didn't have.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Hi Antti,

Have you used the Actel FPGAs? Are there free tools? Can the flash also be used to store additional data? Looks like a good candidate for a soft core cpu (as for JOP :-)

Martin

---------------------------------------------- JOP - a Java Processor core for FPGAs:

Martin Schoeberl

for this volume you will obviously need to contact the disti/factory but for the Cyclone the quantity 50K pricing from the disti as below. better deals may be found I suspect if the volume goes up a bit and in

2004 ...

EP1C3 $5 , EP1C4 $11 , EP1C6 $13 , EP1C12 $27 , EP1C20 $60

Reply to
CB

down

without

The cheapest way for the configuration is using a standard flash and a small PLD (like max7032 or max7064) and you can use the rest of the flash for other data (like program for a soft core cpu).

Martin

--

---------------------------------------------- JOP - a Java Processor core for FPGAs:

Martin Schoeberl

come down

Reply to
Peter Alfke

The Xilinx Spartan-3 XC3S50, in its production form, has four 18Kbit block RAMs (BRAM), four 18x18 hardware multipliers, and two digital clock managers. For the correct specifications, see

In volume, the XC3S50, the XC3S200, and the XC3S400 are all less than $10 in the smallest packages.

To reduce the overall "solution cost", Spartan-3 FPGAs optionally use Xilinx PlatformFlash, which does NOT add a significant amount to the final price. See

Alternatively, configuration data can be stored in just about any non-volatile memory available elsewhere in the system, such as ...

  • Same Flash that holds the boot code or application code for a processor or microcontroller, * Downloaded from hard disk.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Sr. Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/II/IIE FPGAs

--------------------------------- Spartan-3: Make it Your ASIC

Reply to
Steven K. Knapp