Re: Parallel Port EPP in FPGA

Hi

I achieved only 550kBps, but I didn't do any soft emulation or
negociation. If your port is set to epp/ecp, there's a register in the
ecp configurations that changes the mode of the port to ecp, epp or
spp. If your port is set to epp in the bios, it should allways be
so...

Ricardo

Re: Parallel Port EPP in FPGA

using
communication
software
be
EPP
slow.

Hello Yash,

we reached about 500 Kbytes transfer rate using EPP mode for read or write.
Half rate using PS2 (8-bit bi-dirctional mode) read or write mode and
SPP(standard parallel port, byte out/nibble in) write mode. Quarter rate at
SPP read mode. We used Win2000 and a none PCI based parallel port chip at
the PC side (standard at PC mainboards).
Using a parallel port based on a PCI card, transfer rate could be up to 450
Kbytes using PS2 mode, but implementing EPP mode can be hard (if it ever
works). Seems to be chip dependent, and we didnt get good support from PCI
chip manufacturer.
Hint: do not set port to ECP or ECP/EPP mode, better set it to EPP mode (via
PC BIOS).

good luck,

Peter Seng

#############################