Re: Is a Virtex-II Pro family a hands-down winner for DSP ?

The M512 has a much coarser granularity, and is not nearly as localized as the
SRL16's in
Xilinx.  This becomes very apparent with reloadable DA filters, as the size of
the M512
makes for a less than optimum DA lut.  In any event, to get the most from any
given
architecture, you have to design to the architecture, hence my comment about
staying in
whatever you are comfortable with.

--Ray Andraka, P.E.