Re: How to Tristate!!! when not reading

dataOut 'Z');

Muhammad Khan wrote: > HI Fellows, > The process given below is to read and write to Vertex device ( only > vhdl part is shown here not C ). I want to tristate SR_DATA_IO_int > when not driven as read. > First of all the code below for write and read is correct or not!!!! > SR_DATA_IO_int pins ( which are 32 , I am using upper 7 bits only ) > will be acting as bi directional pins. While writing these will take > bits from PCI interface to device and while reading they will exactly > opposite. But while writing I have to tristate SR_DATA_IO_int so as to > avoid short circuiting. Any help on tristate will be highly > appreciated. >

process(CLK_2X,SR_ADDR_IO_int,SR_DATA_IO_int,SR_IRD_int,SR_IWR_int,SR_IVCS_V3_int) > begin > if RISING_EDGE(CLK_2X) then > if SR_IVCS_V3_int = '0' then > if SR_IWR_int = '0' then > if SR_ADDR_IO_int = "001100" then > RESULT End if ; > Elsif SR_IRD_int = '0' then > if SR_ADDR_IO_int = "001101" then > SR_DATA_IO_int(6 downto 0) End if; > End if; > End if; > End if;
Reply to
John