Re: Free FPGA samples anywhere?

Hello,

>Please, does anybody know if there's any FPGA manufacturer >that will give a sample FPGA for free?

Well, for small parts, Digikey isn't free, but is cheap, as you can get single unit parts for

Reply to
Nicholas C. Weaver

What is it for?

Helps to know why you want/need a free sample.

Aust> Hello,

Reply to
Austin Lesea

High-volume manufacturers of any kind are not equipped to efficiently handle low-quantity sales or give-aways. Thats what distributors do for a living. They might even give you a sample. It all depends on their expectations (and their mood). FPGA manufacturers usually have friendly and generous relationships with many universities. I know Xilinx does.. Peter Alfke

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.>

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Reply to
Andrew Paule

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:58:54 GMT) it happened Rene Tschaggelar wrote in :

That will buy you a huge peche melba here, nice if its 40 celcius.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yes. I'd get the peche melba by saving my time by not spending a few hours on the internet looking for free samples of 4$ parts.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Could someone tell me what is price of Altera Cyclone devices ? In Poland EP1C3T100C7 costs about 30$ (When I want to buy only 1 piece). I think it's to expensive.

Thank you, Pawel

Reply to
Pawel Kolodziej

I did a search on EBV :

, a European distributor, it was listed there for 25,72 Euros. Their prices are about right I think. There are also distributors here with a minimum billing value of

100 Euros. EBV is not one of them, IIRC.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar