Re: Counting Clocks

in your code, the value of synch_found is never reset after it has found the first synchronisation byte... Ben

I have what I thought was a simple problem. I need to count the number of >clocks to determine when to take data out of the shift register. The data >is a continuous stream and I want to be able to count every 8 bits. I >thought I could use a 3 bit counter but can't seem to get the code correct. >I then went to a 4 bit counter, and while it works I am not sure if the >code is the best way. Any ideas? > > Thanks, > Joel > > > >
Reply to
Benjamin Todd

And having said that... you've got to be sure of your clock synchronisation... i.e. the synchronisation bewteen SYS_CLK and SIO_CLK

Hmm, and one other thing, i'd use numeric_std and make BC a Natural..

HTH, Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Todd