Re: 48bit adder won't fit

> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@WebX.sUNCHnE... > Hi Petter, > The speed is very slow, data is updated every 33 ms or so but the clock is > 50 mhz, I think there would be no problem... > > In this case you should consider using a serial adder. Uses much less > ressources.

Without more description it would be hard to say. If the whole design could be implemented serially it would make a lot of sense. If a parallel 48 bit output is needed, then deserializing the result will make it more complicated.

It is interesting what people used to do. I remember a description of the PDP-8s, a PDP-8 implemented with a serial ALU.

-- glen

Reply to
Glen Herrmannsfeldt