Rapid prototyping in FPGA

Hi all, Can any one tell me what is RAPID PROTOTYPING and how will this technology help us in faster designing of products in FPGA. Can you please tell me some source where I can get basics of RAPID PROTOTYPING. Thanks in Advance, Sarath

Reply to
sarath

Hi all, Can any one tell me what is RAPID PROTOTYPING and how will this technology help us in faster designing of products in FPGA. Can you please tell me some source where I can get basics of RAPID PROTOTYPING. Thanks in Advance, Sarath

Reply to
sarath

sarath schrieb:

Hi Sarath, just think a moment: What can be more rapid(faster) than downloading your generated bitstream into silicon?

There is no Rapid Prototyping technology for FPGAs, because FPGAs themselves are a rapid prototyping technology. Either to reduce the time to market (FPGA runs -> sell device immediately) or to test functional parts of a large ASIC design. In the second case you replace your ASIC with a number of FPGAs and connect this "breadboard" to the rest of your device (e.g Input and Output stuff). So you can actually work with the whole device without having the real ASIC (which takes time and lots of money to produce).

have a nice synthesis

Eilert

Reply to
backhus

Hi, Thanks for giving me the basic concept of what Rapid Prototyping is. Can u please mention me some websites that deal with the Rapid Prototyping technology. Thanks, Greetings, Sarath

Reply to
sarath