Random Reset calls

Hi Folks, Need something interesting in random reset: I am having a testbench in verilog which needs to hit the state machines states with reset.

Basic Format of testbench: ##############3 initial begin

----------

--------- fork begin // Normal Traffic end begin // Reset task end join

The aim of the 2nd thread in fork-join is to hit the states with Reset that appear in Normal Traffic.

Now how can we only call the 2nd thread multiple times (Randomly) to keep on hitting the states that appear in Normal Traffic.

Reply to
RSGUPTA

Have you considered the $random function? You could either use it to create a time delay or a delay count for some number of clock cycles.

John P

Reply to
johnp