Radiation + CoolRunner2 CPLD?

Hi I know that the CoolRunner2 CPLD TQ144, XC2C256-7TQ144I is not designed to be radiation tollerent, but...

I would be interested if anyone reading this has ever radiated a CPLD or know of some CPLD radiation data on the web. I have google searched but found very little. Most ics like 74hc04 parts can take about 10,000 or more rads of total dose (Co60). I hope to do some total dose testing this month. Also as it has a reprogramable memory, it will be suseptible to SEU. I wont be able to test for that.

Reply to
Bob

(Not Real) 'Bob',

If you want an answer to this, why haven't you already contacted our Xilinx Aerospace/Defense Field Applications Engineers?

We have plenty of data that we are willing to share with (Real) 'customers'.

If you need a contact, I can send their name to you once you email me your (Real) 'Bob' email address (and real affiliation).

It is Xilinx' interest to be sure that any aerospace/defense application (as well as any other) of our products uses all of the best information that we can provide.

Austin

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Sorry I don't use (real) info on newsgroups to keep spam to a minimum. I will email you with my (real) contact info. However I have tried before and was told that there was no info on the CoolRunner 2 as it is not intended for radiation and there are other parts that are designed for radiation. However that was last year. I have also searched on the NASA and ERRIC web sites and was unsuccessful in finding data.

Reply to
Bob

(Real) Bob,

Thanks for sending to me directly.

There is an aerospace/defense FAE who will contact you shortly to provide you with what you need (if we have what you need).

I know we had Coolrunner II in the LANSCE facility in May of this year, as it was my group that set it up, and was there for the testing.

(surreal) Aust> Sorry I don't use (real) info on newsgroups to keep spam to a minimum.

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Perhaps of some interest (subset of this presentation)

"The NSEU Response of Static Latch Based FPGAs"

original title on abstract: "The Continuing Impact of Design and Process Hardening on the NSEU Sensitivity of Advanced CMOS PLD Technologies"

Joseph J Fabula and Austin Lesea, Xilinx

2005 MAPLD International Conference September 7-9, 2005, Washington, D.C.

Abstract:

Presentation:

-- rk

Aust> (Real) Bob,

--
rk, Just an OldEngineer
"These are highly complicated pieces of equipment almost as complicated as