Radar pulse detection

Hi guys,

I need your FPGA/DSP expertness in the following issue: I want to create a RADAR pulse detector (in FPGA) to work in an unlicensed environment at the 5G band (such as wi-fi). This pulse will be connected to an A/D (at the IF band) and will try to detect the pulses power and also measure their repetition period (to be sent to my host processor). The host processor will then test the repetition period and look for a RADAR pattern.

Does any of you know of relevant material that I can get for this issue. Any tips will be appreciated ..

Thanks in advance, Mordehay.

Reply to
me_2003

You do realize that "unlicensed" does not mean "no type approval is required", merely "once the product is type approved, the individual user is not required to obtain a license", right? It is not a free for all in the 5GHz band.

It's not clear why you think an FPGA is required to do this. All that is required is a (very) fast timer.

Reply to
zwsdotcom