Question: String matching with CAM?

Has anyone used Content Addressable Memory to perform string matching?

I don't know much of anything about CAM, but I can imagine it would be much more flexible than hard-coding the strings I want to search for. However, will there be a huge hit in speed? I realize they can be read in 1 clk, but will the max speed of the FPGA take a hit?

I don't suppose there are coded examples out there?

Reply to
Seth

--Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.

401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email snipped-for-privacy@andraka.com

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Reply to
Ray Andraka