question regarding the physical dimensions of FPGAs

Hello,

Where can I find the physical dimensions and details of FPGAs like Spartan2E xc2s100E?

Thanks Phani

Reply to
tangirala

Howdy Phani,

Xilinx has broken the most useful information out of their datasheets and now place it in "user guides." It isn't necessarily bad, but it can make it tough to try to find where something is described (or worse, find ALL the scattered pieces of information on a particular topic).

You are looking for the user guide entitled Device Packaging and Thermal Characteristics, which is located here:

Have fun,

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph

Hello,

I have a doubt regarding the dimensions of Xilinx FPGAs. I am using Spartan2E FPGA PQ208 package. Where can I find the dimension details of this FPGA? And also, does the dimensions of the final package differ depending on the number of gates in FPGA. I mean to ask, does the physical dimensions of Spartan2E xc2s200E are greater than that of Spartan2E xc2s150E. Or, does the dimensions depend on the type of package like PQ208, or FT256 etc.,? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
tangirala

of

Howdy Phani,

Have you tried clicking on the link I provided?

If you scroll down to the user guide entitled "Device Packaging and Thermal Characteristics" and open it up, you'll find the dimensions starting on page 12.

This is a slightly different question, but the answer is the same. The above document provides only one set of dimensions per package. Hence the package is a constant size, regardless if the die inside the package is a xc2s100e or an xc2s400e, or anything inbetween. I hope this wasn't homework.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph