Question on Xilinx VirtexProII PCMCIA support (FPGA boards).... please

I posted here before and got excellent responses, could you knowledgeable people also answer a simple questuion below? If you reply by email, REMOVE "SPAMNOMORE" in capital letters repeated in my address twice (edit address manually)!!

We need to make sure Xilinx VirtexProII FPGA boards have a PCMCIA interface (hardware) and software support, and whether inteface is a regular one usable with standard IEEE802.11 cards (WIRELESS LAN modules). The two boards (need info for BOTH!!) are: ML 300 and ML310 One is just a board another is a complete development kit, I am not sure yet.

I did contact Xilinx first, but here's what happened: At first Xilinx engineers said PCMCIA is not supported, but then came back to me saying this: ML300 board: the PCMCIA supported, whereas PCI is supported only with much more effort on our side. ML310 board: The opposite (i.e. the PCI is supported, while the PCMCIA is not fully supported.) Thus we're completely confused and need to double check these answers, before comitting time/money. I CAN"T CONTACT THEM ANYMORE FOR THE SAME QUESTION AS MY XILINX PERSONAL ID HAS ALREADY BEEN USED FOR THE SAME QUESTION, I'd appreciate if you help.

Reply to
Mark Levitski

REMOVE

interface

Hi Mark,

1) ML300 is considered "being phased out" - people had trouble attempting to buy it. So its possible out of the question anyway as you simple may not get it at all any more.

as of your specific question for PCMCIA support - I would say expect about 1 month of engineerig time from your site, no matter what FPGA platform you choose (ML300 or ML310). Maybe some other vendor has something that requires less time for you to accomplish what you need.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Greetings Antti,

We do have one ML300 and can easily get 5 units, we're a University - this board is supposedly cheaper and we're not "phasing it out" for our project.... :) I might be wrong.

Thanks for any info you provide, I relay all these Newsgroups postings to our group professor/leader and fellow PhD stuidents (without disclosing your emails).

Reply to
Mark Levitski

P.S> Mark Levitski is a bogus for security (on Newsgroups), my real last name is similar but not exact.

Reply to
Mark Levitski

Mark,

Please go to the website, and look up the University program, and make contact with them.

Aust> Greetings Antti,

Reply to
Austin Lesea