Question about the simulation library in EDK

When I used the EDK simulation library wizard, it never succeeded. So I have to compile the ISE libaray manually under the target directory using: compxlib -s mti_se -lib unisim -lib simprim -lib xilinxcorelib -lib smartmodel -arch virtex -arch virtex2p -arch virtex4 -arch spartan3 - arch virtex5 -l all -dir . -w -smartmodel_setup And then generate the EDK library using the wizard. No error was reported.

But when I genenerated the simulation HDL files for the project, EDK gives me error "ISE Sim Library: XPS can not get library information from the path ... please make sure... ". and stoped.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks, Rebecca

Reply to
Rebecca

When I used the EDK simulation library wizard, it never succeeded. So I have to compile the ISE libaray manually under the target directory using: compxlib -s mti_se -lib unisim -lib simprim -lib xilinxcorelib -lib smartmodel -arch virtex -arch virtex2p -arch virtex4 -arch spartan3 - arch virtex5 -l all -dir . -w -smartmodel_setup And then generate the EDK library using the wizard. No error was reported.

But when I genenerated the simulation HDL files, EDK gives me error "ISE Sim Library: XPS can not get library information from the path ... please make sure... ". and stoped.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks, Rebecca

Reply to
Rebecca

When I used the EDK simulation library wizard, it never succeeded. So I have to compile the ISE libaray manually under the target directory using: compxlib -s mti_se -lib unisim -lib simprim -lib xilinxcorelib -lib smartmodel

-arch virtex -arch virtex2p -arch virtex4 -arch spartan3 -arch virtex5

-l all

-dir . -w -smartmodel_setup And then generate the EDK library using the wizard. No error was reported.

But when I genenerated the simulation HDL files for the project, EDK gives me error "ISE Sim Library: XPS can not get library information from the path ... please make sure... ". and stoped.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks, Rebecca

Reply to
Rebecca

Yeah, I never could get that EDK wizard to work either. Don't know if this will help, but I compiled the non-EDK libraries in the ISE and that worked. I then used the command line to compile the EDK libraries for a particular project. Then everything was happy.

Reply to
motty

Hi, Motty:

Can you tell me how to complie the ISE libaries in ISE? I used command line to complile the ISE file and then EDK widzard to compile the EDK library. Then the EDK can only recongnize EDK library.

Reply to
Rebecca

You can either open an existing project or create a new one. In the Sources window you select the FPGA part. Then in the Processes window, expand Design Utilities. There is a Compile HDL Simulation Libraries selection. You can right click on it and choose Properties to change options. That's it.

Reply to
motty

Thanks a lot.

Reply to