question about configue apex20k with ppa scheme

we configue apex20k with ppa scheme,the signal nSTATUS came to low when we have sent about 300bytes data,how this phenomena come out? the problem of software or hardware?

Reply to
pkuanfm

Hello, The fact that nSTATUS drives low indicates that the device is reporting an error in the data that it is receiving. There are many possible causes to investigate, both software and hardware:

  1. Ensure that you are using the appropriate data file. In most cases you will use a RBF (raw binary file). But if programming a standard EPROM, you would use HEX. If reading as an ASCII representation of hex (like an include file for a C program) you would use TTF. If using an Altera configuration device, you would use POF. You would never directly use SOF - this is the root file made by Quartus or MAX+PLUS II from which the other files are made.

  1. Check the signal integrity on the board, specifically at the APEX

20K device pins. In most configuration schemes the most important signal for signal integrity is the DCLK pin, but in PPA the nWS pin acts as a strobe, so noise on that pin can be a problem.

  1. Check the timing of the signals. The configuration information on
    includes timing specifications that your system must meet for the FPGA to successfully receive the data.

This is a start, but there are other possibilities as well. In order to help designers debug configuration issues, Altera has just released an "FPGA Configuration Troubleshooter" on our web site, at the following URL:

This troubleshooter will ask you various questions about what your setup is and what you are seeing on the board, and lead you to possible solutions. I encourage you to try it if the suggestions I have shown above do not solve the problem.

Sincerely, Greg Steinke Altera Corporation snipped-for-privacy@altera.com

Reply to
Greg Steinke