Question about coefficient padding

Hi, In the document of FIR Complier v3.2, it talks about coefficient padding. I have several questions about that topic. It gives an example:

MAC0 l m n p MAC1 h i j k MAC2 d e f g MAC3 0 a b c

It said that this kind of 0 padding will cause phase shift with the normal non-symmetric structure.

It then gave two examples in Figure 28 using interpolation.

Interpolate by 2

For this example, I don't know why they use interpolate 2 sturcture. The simple "a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h" has the same complexity.

For the second example, how to use the coefficients in the FIR structure?

Even Sym: a+b, c+d, e+f, g+h, h+g, f+e, d+c, b+a. Even Sym: b-a, d-c, f-e, h-g, g-h, e-f, c-d, a-b. (negative sym)

Could you explain it to me? Thanks a lot.

Reply to
fl