Quatech SPP-100 programs/verifies successfully but device is not "programmed"

I am using the Quatech SPP-100 PCMCIA parallel port emulator with a Dell M70. Everything looks great. When I program the PROM (XCF08S) it programs and verifies successfully. The FPGA does not get programmed correctly however by the PROM on power up. Then I tried programming the FPGA, Virtex 4 FX12, and same thing, programs and verifies successfully but does not run. Then I tried programming the FPGA without verification. Then it works fine. I tried the PROM without verification with no success. It seems the only thing that I can do is program the FPGA without verification.

By the way the same program runs fine when programmed from a different machine with a dedicated parallel port.

Anyone seen this before and if so any possible solutions?

Cheers,

irish

Reply to
irish